Successful investing requires a disciplined approach and a strategic asset allocation that reflects each client’s tolerance for risk. Pembroke Management has a diversity of equity and fixed income products at its disposal that can be combined to implement effective and thoughtful portfolios to meet the needs of each client. The fundamental investment tenets of the firm center on quality and time horizon.
Pembroke invests in quality North American companies run by quality management teams, and the firm has partnered with other quality firms to offer leading international equity and fixed income products. In terms of time horizon, Pembroke is focused on the long term, investing in companies with sustainable business models and developing client portfolios that will stand the test of time and provide stability through all market cycles.
Clients of the firm benefit from Pembroke’s focus on :
- Long-term growth
- Detailed fundamental analysis
- In assessing investments, Pembroke focuses on management skill, balance sheet strength, free cash flow, and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Constant monitoring of investments
- Pembroke monitors the progress of its investments daily and has frequent contact with management at portfolio holdings.
- Portfolio and risk management
- Based on our experience of active investing and portfolio management since 1968, Pembroke has established proprietary tools and disciplines to manage risk in its portfolios.
- Organizational stability
- Pembroke’s investment team spans three generations and each industry sector is monitored by at least two of the firm’s partners. The team meets as a whole at least once per week to discuss the firm’s investments, and smaller teams of three partners ensure that the group’s decisions are carried out across each mandate.